Sunday, January 12, 2020

Cornflake and Marshmallow Cookies- Another Milk Bar Inspiration

Christina Tosi has got to be one of the most creative minds in baking, and this just proves it further. 

Last year for my birthday I decided to treat myself to a Milk Bar order and these cookies were included in my gluttonous purchase. And let me tell you, they were the best of the bunch! So delicious and soft and crunchy all at the same time! I knew I had to try and recreate them... some day.

A year later, I decided to try it out so I made some and brought them into work for my guinea pigs (co workers) to try. They were gone by the end of the day and I had multiple people ask for the recipe! I'd say they were a hit. Also, a Milk Bar in Maine would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

If you want to feel like your very own Tosi, follow the steps...

-1 ½ cups cornflake cereal 
-1 stick butter at room temp 
-1/2 cup white sugar 
-1/2 cup brown sugar 
-1 Tsp vanilla extract
-1 egg
-1 ¼ cups all purpose flour
-½ Tsp baking soda
-½ Tsp cinnamon 
-1 cup mini marshmallows 
-1/2 cup chocolate chips

1. With oven at 300F, spread the cornflakes in single layer and bake for 10 minutes. Take out and set aside to cool.
2. In a large bowl, cream the sugars and butter for a few minutes until light and fluffy, scrape the sides. Add the vanilla and egg and mix again for another couple minutes. Scrape those sides again!
3. Add the flour, baking soda, and cinnamon. Scrape the sides! (noticing a trend? It's important, I swear I'm not this bossy.)
4. Add the marshmallows and chocolate chips- mix slowly to combine.
5. Lastly, add the cornflakes and mix until just combined, you don’t want them totally broken up into dust.
6. Cover the dough and let it sit in the fridge for an hour.
7. Heat the oven to 320F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper and scoop the dough. (Space them out a couple inches, they will spread.) Cook for about 10 minutes, rotate the pans if needed, and keep an eye one them. Once they start to have the slightest bit of brown on them, take 'em out.
8. When they come out of the oven, let them sit for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool because they are definitely VERY soft.

ENJOY!





I'm telling you, you'll be a hit with these babies. Get ready to be asked to make them time and time again, be the most popular girl at work, receive multiple marriage proposals. I'm still waiting on those proposals, but I feel it coming.  

A little tip, if your marshmallows are leaking everywhere into a delicious lava pit and make it an absolute mess to transfer, don't add them in the batter. When they are scooped onto the trey prior to cooking, tuck a couple in on top and then bake. I also added a little bit of sea salt to the tops of mine, because everything sweet is better with a little salt!

Meaghan 

No comments:

Post a Comment