Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Snow Day Eats

When it's forecasted to snow almost two feet and work is cancelled the day before, there are a couple things one must do:
1. Go to the store at least a couple days before, you don't want to get trampled getting your milk and loaves of bread. Apparently milk sandwiches are a big hit in these parts?
2. Position the cars correctly in the driveway for the plow. (This comes from growing up in a house where this was maybe the most important thing in storm prep and it will forever be instilled in my process.)
3. Stock up on wine.
There are a few more, but, priorities people, priorities.

Well when I woke up this morning and looked out the window, I was transported to The Wall, looking for white walkers and waiting for Jon Snow to come save me. Sadly, there was no Jon Snow to be seen. I'll look for him later.

I need a treat. And shoveling fuel.

-4 slices of your favorite bread
-2 eggs
-1/2 tbs cinnamon
-Pinch of salt

1. In a medium sized bowl, crack your eggs and mix them all up.
2. Throw in the cinnamon and salt and combine well. Cinnamon reminds me of Nesquik in the aspect that it seems to NEVER incorporate, just do your best.
3. Dip your bread, both sides, in the egg mixture and let that soak all up.
4. Put a frying pan on medium heat- put some butter in there and let it melt all up nicely.
5. Place the bread in the pan.
6. When golden brown on one side it's time to flip!
7. A couple minutes on the other side to cook the egg through and you're done!
-Top these French toast babies with whatever you fancy. I'm a simple butter and syrup kind of girl. So that's exactly what I did.

Is it possible for syrup to be sexy?

Some more snow day fun

   woops.

Some wine and a bunch of cookies later, the snow is finally starting to slow a bit so I think it's time to start thinking about getting outside and shoveling myself out of the door. Waist deep snow is an interesting thing, makes me long for the good ol days of those overall snow pants. 

I'm off to brave the elements and to keep looking for Jon Snow. I don't even care if he knows nothing, just look at him! Wish me luck.

-Meaghan



1 comment:

  1. Nice Meaghan, yes the french toast & syrup is sexy! Of course you need to look for Jon, you just never know...
    Robin

    ReplyDelete