Friday, February 1, 2019

What Do I Do With These Leftover Pecans?!

Candy them, that's what!


I recently made a pecan pie that I had definitely overestimated the anount of pecans I needed. I'm not a huge of just plain pecans for a snack so I needed something to do with them as to not waste them. Then I remembered a time many moons ago I found the most delicious candied walnuts and there is was. Lightbulb.


You will need...

-4 cups pecans
-1 egg white
-1 Tbs cinnamon
-1/2 cup granulated sugar
-1/2 cup brown sugar
-1 tsp salt

1. Preheat your oven to 300°F.
2. In a large bowl, wisk the egg white until a little frothy- about a minute.
3. Into the egg white, dump in the pecans and mix until all of the pecans are coated in the egg white.
4. In a seperate bowl, combine the cinnamon, granulated sugar, brown sugar, and salt.
5. Add half of the dry mixture into the pecans, mix to combine, then add the rest of the dry mixture, mix to combine again. Make sure each pecan is covered for maximum deliciousness. 
6. Dump the mixture onto a sheet pan in a single layer. (If you have an oven the size of an easy bake like I do, you may need to use a couple of smaller pans.)
7. Place the pan(s)into the oven for 40 minutes, stirring half way through.
8. Let the nuts cool at room temperature and you're done!


These are seriously unbleivable and a very dangerous snack. If you have self control, good for you. If you're like me and will try to eat them all in about five minutes, these make great little gifts. Give them away! Keep some for yourself, of course, but share the love. Orrrr if you want to scarf them all down, who am I to stop you. You can use all kinds of nuts for this- walnuts will be my next experiment, I am from the north.


Enjoy!


-Meaghan

No comments:

Post a Comment